This page is still under construction ...
... but you can help!
Take your Camera ... ...Save your Cultural Heritage.
Dear Friends of the Kathmandu Valley
You know the seven famous UNESCO - World Heritage Sites in the Kathmandu Valley and they are frequently described in books and in the web.
But the extent and deepness of religious and cultural art and architecture in the valley however is much wider and more existential than found there.
Less taken in consideration or even forgotten are hundreds of Temples, Shrines, Viharas, Chaityas and Sculptures in rural villages and towns all over the valley, just as details of structures and other elements in the hidden courtyards of the cities.
The intention of this page is developing a photographic and bibliographic survey like an encyclopedia of all interesting parts of art and architecture in the valley.
This page is directed to all, who are interested in this subject of study. Please help supporting me with photos and informations. And don't hesitate to point out mistakes and defaults you have found.
You can always contact me under info(at)kathmandu-valley-temples.com
1. After visiting Nepal many times I created this website as a result of my hobby -
the religious and cultural art and architecture of the Kathmandu Valley.
2. I try to describe this in an encyclopaedic form acc. subject areas and / or locations.
3. This website is and will be absolute non-commercial.
4. I don´t guarantee the correctness of the contents esp. the names, locations, datas and
the spelling of the described objects and / or their tranlations and transliterations.
5. All contents esp. fotos, drawings and maps are cited with the author (owner) and the
source (weblinks, literature etc.) to the best of my knowledge and belief.
6. I publish this encyclopaedia under the Creative Commons Licence.
You`ll find more details unter http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/